Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A republican talking about diversity?

Jeb Bush: Republicans Too ‘Anti’
Photo from Bloomberg.com

Very seldom will you see me write a post about supporting one political candidate over another ..... I don't campaign for anyone. Rather, what I will do is point out what some politicians say - positive and negative.

So, here is my take on a recent article about Jeb Bush. First, I had no idea that he was able to speak multiple languages. Just as I didn't know his family is multi-ethnic.

Both sources said that at the fundraiser Bush focused on how he's not only multilingual but also multi-cultural. He mentioned his wife, Columba, who's from Mexico, and how one of his daughters-in-law is of Iraqi descent, referring to Sandra Algudady, a native Canadian of Iraqi descent who married his son, Jeb Bush, Jr.

It is also refreshing to see a Republican candidate pushing for diversity in American culture.

On immigration, Bush argued that diversity is a strength and that immigrants have had a vital role in building the country through businesses and hard work.
The only question .......

Are we ready for another Bush? I'll let you decide that for yourself.

The entire article is here:  Jeb Bush talks diversity, foreign policy at fundraiser

 

No comments:

Post a Comment