Sunday, February 15, 2015

Think Before You Speak!

This article spoke to me .... to my very essence of being a mother.

I cannot tell you
    how many times my parentage of our four children were questioned, or
       how many times I've been asked if my husband is the father of all four of my children, or
          how beautiful bi-racial children are and how they wished they had one (as if they are puppies or cats).

Why? Why do people seem to think that because my family may look different from theirs that they have the right and privilege to ask me some very private questions.

Think about it .... if you would not ask your friends, who happen to be in mono-racial or mono-ethnic families, these questions why would you ask me?

Here are a few sayings that we could do without.

8 Things Moms of Bi-Racial Children Don't Want to Hear

No comments:

Post a Comment